Today,my POTS is being an ass. Hole. Granted, I don't have it as bad as some of my compardres. To me it is like an annoying little wasp flying around my head and getting in the way. Threatening to strike me down when I least expect it. Or at least to give me palpitations and make me feel like ive had one too many when I fail to drink 4 litres of water a day.
I used to suffer much worse, before I discovered drinking excessive volumes of water actually helped...who knew keeping hydrated was a good thing! It can feel like a full time job, but I totally notice if I don't keep on top of it.
I also cut out all caffeine, it was quite hard. As everyone knows, all nhs employees exist on a diet of custard cremes and caffeinated drinks. Owing mainly to the fact that we're all too busy to stop for lunch! Cutting out the caffeine just left me with custard cremes...hard life! And a caffeine withdrawal headache worse than any hangover I've ever had EVER! But after about 3 days, the silver lining broke though and I felt better for it.
In other news, drinking this much is sure fire way to test the capabilities of your pelvic floor muscles....it'll make you pee like sea biscuit! Wow! I've also found increasing my salt intake helps my body to hang onto the water a bit better. Now I get salt cravings. Like I need a litre of water and some peanuts STAT!
This meme made me chuckle, it's too true! (Sorry I couldn't find the source to credit on Google Images) I'd love to hear what anyone else has found useful?
Off to find some peanuts
No comments:
Post a Comment