Today I'm writing from my bed, because, Yesterday I had to go to work (the injustice of it). My lovely husband has got up and fed our feline friends and bought me a cup of tea, so I can lounge about here in my happy place!
I love my job, they have been super supportive and accommodating and I have found the role that best fits my capabilities and I'm lucky enough to enjoy it. But, bugger me sideways, I am always knackered the next day.
Chronic fatigue has been an unwelcome visitor to my life on and off since I was about 16. The energy sucking beast. It steals all your energy and leaves you feeling like a snail that's been trodden on and then scraped from the sole of a school kids shoe. It's like wading uphill through a vat of custard. Fighting it's is about as useful as trying to polish a turd!
It was then that I started my love affair with my bed. Since then I have loved nothing more than diving into its cotton covered caress. Obvs...not literally diving, or I might do myself some damage.
I love nothing more than snuggling up and slipping off to dreamsville. It's taken me quite a while to formulate the perfect mixture of pillows, duvet and memory foam mattress. But I've cracked it and now I'm cozier than a butterfly in a coccon.
My personal recipe for nocturnal bliss is:
1. Memory foam mattress topper. The best money I've ever spent. It seriously takes masses of pressure off my joints and has really reduced pain. I miss it so much whenever I go away. You marshmallowy marvel!
2.leg pillows. Ahh leg pillows, you fantastic beasts! I have 3, I sleep with them under my legs to ease the pressure on my back. However, my lovely manface seems to be able steal my leg pillows in his sleep....Erm...GIVE THEM BACK!! I wake up, and somehow...they're under his legs!
3. My bed handle. The most hated of aids. Bought to me by the lovely occupational therapist that came to see me. It sits there (ugly little prick!) looking at me whilst I sleep. Ruining the romance in my bedroom. But even I, hater of the handle, have to admit that it does help me get up in the morning *sigh*
It's now midday and today I've planned to visit my beautiful supportive buddy. So now I begin hauling myself from the folds of the linen, have a stretch and listen to the symphony of my joints waking up. All whilst wondering if she'll mind if I don't shower.....
.....oh wait....I've got cats on me....and everyone knows you can't get up if your cats are on you! It's the law!
So.... namast'ay in bed!
Your posting time says 04:21. The time I usually awaken from my frequent irritating dreams. Chronic fatigue plagues me too but not from the same cause. I'm sure your hyper mobile hippy ramblings will strike a light with many. Go Girl :) Xx
ReplyDeleteHi Annie , its Mandy (O'Sullivan) What a great start to your blog, you write so well.
ReplyDeleteWith my rheumatoid Arthritis i have days of feeling a bit same as you ,but without the cats or a husband,or memory foam, OK wait! maybe not the same.
i wondered could you bring the Memory foam mattress topper with you when you go away or is it to big? and how about a Bolster Pillow or 2 that way you and manface both get to put your legs up, Ask Santa for them. xx